Our Story

From a tiny apartment with only Rebecca and Joe, JPG has now grown to a loyal and talented team who works hard and plays hard.

Our Passion for Photography

In 2005, Joseph Gidjunis started JPG Photography after seeing many photographers missing the best moments of the day. Now he prides himself on finding the hysterical moments with say, some naked bikers. And, just as important are the subtle tears before a wedding ceremony.

Photojournalism means documenting your day—not posing for it. You’ll hear us laugh, watch us smile, and share in the celebration of YOU. But we’re not interfering with it. We’re not manipulating it. And, you’ll NEVER hear us say, “Turn and say cheese!” We shoot formal shots and portraits. These are imperative, but only make up about 20 percent of the day. The other 80 percent is just capturing the peak of your emotion.

Why a Photojournalist?

A real photojournalist upholds himself or herself to ethics and a code of conduct. I pledge to come to your event and alter no physical moments or setups except for portraits and formals. I’m not going to ask you to say cheese. I’m not even going to ask you to turn the lights on in a room if they’re off. I’ll offer recommendations if I’m asked, but I want to document the real emotion and action as it happens. You’ll often hear me tell you just to live your day, enjoy it and have a blast!

Too many photographers call themselves photojournalists, when they’re really just taking some candid shots of people throughout the day. Amateurs. A real photojournalist embodies the emotion and energy of the moment.

The Backstory

In 2001, Joe walked into a Barnes and Noble for some college textbooks. Rebecca was working at the counter. The short version is this; Joe spent the next 90 minutes mustering the courage to ask Rebecca out, and spent more than $100 on books he still hasn’t read. The lovable pair declared they were “partners for life” in 2005 in Wayne, Pa., and celebrated their union with 150 family and friends at Maggianos in King of Prussia, Pa. Family members still rave about the amazing time they had at their wedding. They have two rescue kids, Guster “Gusman” Gidjunis, and Trudy “Trudylady” Gidjunis, who are two rambunctious German Shepherd mixes. Even with other jobs, together, Joe and Rebecca promise to deliver memories from your celebration to share forever as great as their own.

Follow Us On

  • @PPMagazine Thanks for sharing this piece! We are subscribers to your magazine, and would love to produce an articl… https://t.co/uWXodPIedm

    Retweet Reply Favorite (about 1205 days ago)